THE ART OF START™
Automotive Data Solutions Inc. (“ADS”) products are strictly intended for installation by Certified Technicians who are employed by a registered business specialized in the installation of automotive aftermarket electronics products. Prior to beginning installation of an ADS product in a vehicle, it is the Certified Technician’s responsibility to review the most current Product Guide, Install Guide and vehicle-specific notes available in Weblink®. ADS is not responsible for any damages whatsoever, including but not limited to any consequential damages, incidental damages, damages for loss of time, loss of earnings, loss of profit, commercial loss, loss of economic opportunity and the like that may or may not have resulted from the use, misuse, improper installation or operation of its products. Purchasers sole contractual remedy is refund of the purchase price of the ADS product(s). ADS reserves itself the right to suspend any Weblink® account without notice and decline to offer technical support to non-Certified Technicians, non-compliant Certified Technicians or end users.
ADS products are designed to remote start vehicles from a distance. In order to ensure your iDatastart system meets all safety regulations and operates as intended by the manufacturer, please follow the usage recommendations below:
• DO NOT use this product for any purpose other than its intended usage.
• DO NOT remote start a vehicle in an indoor or enclosed area (i.e. garage). Exhaust fumes are extremely dangerous and can cause personal injury or death. Install carbon monoxide detectors in every living area that can be exposed to vehicle exhaust fumes.
• DO NOT remote start a vehicle while it is being serviced. Follow the Valet Mode procedure as outlined in your Owner’s Manual.
• DO NOT remote start a vehicle in gear.
• DO NOT remote start a vehicle with the key in the ignition.
• DO NOT remote start a vehicle left unattended with open windows, unlocked doors or open convertible top.
• DO NOT allow children handle or operate long range remotes.
• ALWAYS engage your emergency brake prior to exiting your vehicle. This may limit motion if the vehicle is accidentally started in gear.
• AVOID remote starting your vehicle while passengers or pets are on board. This may increase the risk of shifter being put in gear after vehicle has been remote started.
• AVOID parking your vehicle on an inclined surface or an area surrounded by obstacles. For manual vehicles, ALWAYS ensure the Reservation Mode sequence, as outlined in your Owner’s Manual, is correctly engaged prior to the next remote start.
• AVOID delaying the inspection of your iDatastart system in the event of malfunction. Immediately contact a Certified Technician to ensure that installation or defective equipment is properly addressed.
Your KIA vehicle has the remote listed below.
Please refer to your KIA owner’s manual for more information.
|Transmit Confirmation (TX)
|Receive Confirmation (RX)
|See your KIA owner’s manual
|Avg. Battery Life
|See your KIA owner’s manual
|See your KIA owner’s manual
REMOTE STARTING FROM FACTORY KEY FOB
For push-to-start vehicles, your KIA remote car starter will enable remote start functionality from your KIA remote* as follows:
*Remote start range is equal to your KIA remote’s door lock range.
Range may vary from one KIA remote to another.
Feature will be disabled when adding iDatastart remotes.
KEY TAKEOVER FOLLOWING REMOTE START
Available on push-to-start models only, the ‘key takeover’ procedure ensures that your engine does not turn off when entering the car during the remote start runtime, following a remote start command.
Follow the instructions below:
For Push-To-Start Vehicles
To prevent your vehicle from shutting down, complete the steps below within 45 seconds:
1. Unlock and enter vehicle with valid smartkey
2. Close doors
3. Press foot brake
4. Press and hold the START button for 2 seconds
For Standard Key Vehicles
Following a remote start command, please note that the engine will turn off when any door is physically opened during the remaining engine runtime.
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Automotive Data Solutions Inc. (“ADS”) warrants to the original purchaser of the iDatastart product that the following components product shall be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and circumstances:
Control module and installation harnesses
For as long as the original purchaser owns the vehicle in which it was originally installed.
In the event of any product malfunction during the Warranty period, the original purchaser must return to the Authorized Dealer where it was originally purchased with the original proof of purchase. If a malfunction is detected, the Authorized Dealer will elect to repair or replace the product at its discretion. Labor costs may be applicable and are at the discretion of the Authorized Dealer.
The Limited Lifetime Warranty is automatically void if:
• An original proof of purchase is not provided when servicing the product during the warranty period;
• The date code and/or serial number is defaced, missing, or altered;
• The iDatastart product is transferred to another vehicle;
• The vehicle in which the product was originally installed is transferred to a new owner.
ADS is not responsible for any damages whatsoever, including but not limited to any consequential damages, incidental damages, damages for loss of time, loss of earnings, commercial loss, loss of economic opportunity and the like that may or may not have resulted from the installation or operation of an iDatastart product. Purchasers sole contractual remedy is refund of the purchase price of the ADS product(s).